The Services Department is the engine of the hospital which ensures that the hospital departments are adequately supported and maintained. The department takes care of:
- Patient and staff nutrition
- Laundry service
- Catering service
- Linen supply for bedding, operating theatres, surgeons and patients gowns
- Housekeeping and garden service
Our housekeeping and garden specialists who operate under the department are constantly working to provide patients with a clean, well maintained and soothing environment which promotes speedy recovery. The well combed gardens at each of the Clinics which include:
- The Avenues Clinic
provide a relaxing atmosphere. The department which includes laundry, catering and housekeeping sections, boasts a staff complement of 120 dedicated workers and is currently headed by a clinically trained nurse.
Catering: Our canteen serves 600-700 meals per day to staff and patients. For our patients, 3- Course meals are provided with special attention to the nutritional requirements guided by the assistance of a registered dietician. We also provide specific meals to patients with requirements outside the provided menu cycle.
The Staff Canteen – Canteen facilities are available for the staff at a nominal cost for lunch and supper with teas being provided for free.
Event Functions – All functions for the hospital are catered for by the kitchen staff
- Cleaners (General Hands)
- Green Uniforms Housekeepers
- White Uniforms (Female Staff) &Navy Trousers and Blue Shirts (Male Staff)
- Kitchen Staff – White Uniforms (Female Staff), White Tops and Blue Trousers (Male Staff) & White Top and Navy Trousers (Head Chef)